Being invisible is something that I struggled with for years. My invisibility served me very well for most of my life until I started my own business. It's impossible to stay invisible and to be a successful entrepreneur. Believe me, I tried it for years and saw very little success.
My desire to be invisible used to stop me from achieving many of my dreams and goals. Today, I'm actively taking action every day to be visible.
This is the first of a three part blog on Moving from Invisible to Invincible.
Do you have any of these thoughts?
Here are some of the thoughts that my clients have shared with me over the past several years. These are the thoughts that are keeping them invisible.
- Who am I to have a successful business?
- What do I know that will make a difference in the world?
- I don’t believe I can do this
- I don’t want to charge for my services
- I am just surviving from day to day even though I believe that I can be and do so much more
- I have no idea how to get out of where I am today
- I don’t have a clear vision of what I want
- If I just keep making sacrifices, life will get better
- I fear conflict and won’t stand up for myself
- I have tolerated being bullied or abused
- It’s just a matter of time before I am abandoned or rejected
- I feel like a fraud
- I feel like a failure
- I need stay humble, so I mustn’t brag
- I need to deflect compliments
- I must be nice
- I don’t get angry
- Strong women don’t ask for help
- Saying no will hurt their feelings
If you’ve had one or more of these thoughts swirl through your head, then read What is Keeping Your Invisible? to learn more.
Everyone, and I mean everyone, has a gift to share in the world.
Did you find this information helpful? Sign up for the Success & Clarity newsletter. I'll share "Your Guide to Success & Clarity" and send you information weekly. Just click here to subscribe.
Or, if you want to talk, book a free 30-minute Clarity Session with me today and we'll chat about how I can move you out of these Invisible thoughts and negative patterns to being confident and visible.