This is the third part in the serious of Leaderology | Insightful Leadership & Effective Communication
I've written about ghSmart’s CEO Genome Project where they studied the behaviours of 17,000 successful C-Suite executives and identified 4 behaviours of successful leaders in my blogs on Being a Leader and Engaging For Impact.
The CEO Genome Project identified these as the four (4) behaviours of successful leaders.
- Decide with Speed & Conviction
- Engage for Impact
- Adapt Proactively
- Deliver Reliably
Today, I’m going to focus on the third behaviour of successful leaders: Adapting Proactively. First, what does it mean to adapt proactively?
According to Dominic Barton, global managing partner of McKinsey & Company, “It’s dealing with situations that are not in the playbook. As a CEO you are constantly faced with situations where a playbook simply cannot exist.”
- How is this beneficial to you as a leader?
- How effective will you be when you're able to proactively adapt to the changes all around you?
- How will this empower you to meet and exceed the needs of your current and potential clients and your employees?
- How will this type of thinking change your business?
As a leader, it’s imperative to be constantly aware of the environment, the market conditions in a broad context, not just what is affecting your world today.
Did you find this information helpful? How will you adapt proactively from now on?
If you found this information helpful and you’re interested in discovering how you can be a more effective leader, then book a Clarity Session with me.